Resized Digital Ads Placement (1000 x 667 px) (11)

Maximize Repeat Business with MailChimp

If you are new to MailChimp, MailChimp is an email marketing platform that helps businesses and individuals create, manage, and send email campaigns to their subscribers. It offers a user-friendly interface, a range of marketing tools, and automation features to streamline your email marketing efforts.


Integrating MailChimp into your internet marketing makes a lot of sense for every business.  First, if you have a Contact Us form on your website, run an E-commerce website, use an Outlook email account, or have your customer’s email addresses in a database or CRM that can be connected or downloaded into an Excel spreadsheet, importing your customer’s email addresses into MailChimp is uncomplicated.
Secondly, for existing customers, you have already earned the right to stay in touch with them.  As a result, MailChimp emails are not spam emails.  Instead, MailChimp is a great way to stay “top of mind” for new and repeat business opportunities and referral business.  Overall, MailChimp is very easy to set up.  But if sorting data is not your thing, Social Media MN would be glad to help you set up and manage your email marketing program.

Reuse Digital, Social Media, and Google Ads Content with MailChimp

As noted above, MailChimp is very easy to set up.  Another great feature is that MailChimp can be integrated seamlessly with your social media pages for cross-posting, and the content that you generate for digital ads, social media ads, Google AdWords, and blogs can be used in MailChimp.  This minimizes labor expenses to create new content, graphics, and video.  Social Media MN values economy of scale to help our customers reduce their internet marketing investment.  If you are generating content for other internet marketing purposes, your “hands are already under the hood” so to speak.  As a result, MailChimp is really a no-brainer.  SEE EXAMPLE BELOW:

MailChimp Email

MailChimp Frequency and Content Ideas



With over 10 years of experience creating and managing MailChimp campaigns for businesses in a variety of industries, Social Media MN has found monthly or bi-monthly email frequency to be a sweet spot.  Of course, there are exceptions to the general rule.   For monthly MailChimp campaigns, it is recommended that emails focusing on a sale or promotion don’t exceed 25% or 1 out of 4 of them.  For the other 75% or 3 out of 4, the emails should be something of added value to the customer, like tips on how to use a product or get the most out of a service.  For bi-monthly campaigns, one email could be related to a sale or promotion, and the other email could be tips on how to use a product or get the most out of a service.


For all emails focusing on something of added value to the customer, businesses can still embed a blurb or call to action highlighting a sale or promotion with a picture or video.  The point is it should be a blurb, not the main subject matter.  These are simply general recommendations for those new to MailChimp.  The formula may not be the best fit for every business.  At Social Media MN, we get it!  You can count on us to create a MailChimp campaign that makes the most sense for your business.

Don’t Do

After initial success, some businesses new to MailChimp “turn off” customers due to the frequency and content they are emailing.  The scenario usually goes something like this: the business emails a sale or promotion they advertised on social media.  The initial MailChimp brings back a bunch of new sales.  As a result, the business decides to MailChimp every day, or several times a week.  The customers on the other hand, although they like the first couple of emails, can only buy so much and get annoyed by all the “pitches.”  Two things happen at this point.  Some customers tune out successive emails from the business.  Other customers mark new emails from the business as “junk” and they go directly to the “spam” folder.  If you need help finding the sweet spot for your MailChimp email frequency or generating engaging content, contact Social Media MN today.